Makes: 4 servings, 1 cup each
Active Time: 15 minutes (if using peeled shrimp)
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 pound of raw shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large ripe, firm mango, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes 1 bunch scallions, green tops only, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- Toss shrimp with salt, cayenne to taste and turmeric in a medium bowl. Cover, refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, place the shrimp in a single layer and cook until the undersides turn salmon-pink, about 1 minute. Flip them over and cook for 1 minute or more.
- Add mango, scallion greens and basil cook, stirring, until the shrimp is just cooked and starts to barely curl, 1 to 2 minutes.