The First Programmable Robot!
The first programmable robot was invented by George Devol who was deceased since August 11 2011.
| George Devol
Born in (1912-02-20)February 20, 1912
George Devol’s life ended on August 11, 2011
Why were robots invented?
Robot were invented to do specific things like exploring other planets, doing household chores, and carrying heavy weights. Today it is also a source of entertainment and education.
When was the first programmable robot invented and who invented it?
Nikola Tesla who in 1898 designed a radio-controlled boat. Electronics turned into the force of development with the advent of the first robots created by William Grey Walter in Bristol, England in 1948. Sir George Devol was 42 when he achieved his goal, to engineer a mechanical man or today also known as a programmable robot. The first digital and programmable robot was invented by George Devol in 1954 and was named the Unimate.
- 1956 – George Devol and Joseph Engelberger formed the world’s first robot manufacturing company.
- 1959 – Computer-assisted manufacturing was demonstrated at the Servomechanisms Lab at MIT.
- 1961 – The programmable robot was trying to sell it in a General Motors automobile factory in New Jersey. It was called Unimate.
- 1963 – The first robotic arm to be controlled by a computer was designed. The Rancho Arm was designed as a tool for the disabled arm. It’s six joints gave it the flexibility of a human arm.
- 1965 – DENDRAL was the first expert system or program designed to execute the accumulated knowledge of subject experts.
- 1969 – The Stanford Arm was the first electrically powered, computer-controlled robot arm.
- 1970 – Shakey was introduced as the first mobile robot controlled by a computer. It was produced by SRI International.